A journey tip about stuff you may love to do and see on Curacao.
– Queen Juliana Bridge, Willemstad. At 185 ft, that is highest bridge within the Caribbean (and one of many tallest bridges on the planet.) The bridge overlooks St. Anna Bay in addition to Willemstad. Be aware: The commentary platform has been closed to pedestrian site visitors.
– Queen Emma Bridge (a.okay.a “The Swinging Outdated Girl”), Willemstad. A floating pontoon bridge that hyperlinks the “Punda” (Level Aspect) and the “Otrobanda” (Different Aspect) of the Willemstad throughout the Sint Annabaai Channel. You get to see the bridge open and near away marine site visitors into St. Anna Bay. (Within the occasion the bridge is open for a chronic time, there’s a ferry service throughout the channel as properly.)
– Christoffel Nationwide Park, A nationwide park that’s run by the by the Carmabi Basis. Christoffel Nationwide Park is house to Boca Grandi, Indian caves the place you’ll be able to see work left by the Arawak Indians and Mount Christoffel. (At 1292 ft excessive, Mount Christoffel is the very best level in Curacao.) Deal with: West Level , Tel: +(5999)/864-0363,
– Shete Boka Nationwide Park, A nationwide park additionally run by the by the Carmabi Basis, Shete Boka is house to the “7 boca’s” together with Boca Tabla and Boca Pistol (also referred to as “The Capturing Pistol”) In season, a few of the boca’s function sea turtle breeding grounds. Deal with: West Level, Tel: +(5999)/864-0444,
– Curacao Sea Aquarium, Dwelling of the Dolphin Academy. This is without doubt one of the hottest points of interest in Curacao. For those who want to do a Dolphin exercise guide as early as potential! $entry worth (is dependent upon exercise you select BUT paying for an exercise (comparable to one thing on the Dolphin Academy) will get you entry to all the Aquarium. Deal with: Bapor Kibra Z/N, Tel: +(5999)/461-6666,
– Hato Caves, Open 7 days per week, with excursions 2 occasions a day. Coral and limestone caves that was carved out under the ocean and born when the ocean degree dropped. There are lovely stalactite and stalagmite formations in addition to water swimming pools and a waterfall. The cave can also be house to a colony lengthy nostril fruit bats. (Due to the colony, pictures is restricted and never allowed in sure chambers.) Deal with: F.D. Rooseveltweg Z/N, Tel: +(5999)/868-0379.
– Curacao Ostrich & Recreation Farm, Santa Catharina. The Curacao Ostrich Farm is without doubt one of the largest Ostrich farms exterior Africa. The tour takes you across the ostrich pens and incubator. Meat from this farm is shipped to Aruba (Ostrich is a crimson meat, which is excessive in protein and low in fats.) Deal with: Tel: +(5999)/747-2777.
– Fort Amsterdam, The seat of the Netherlands Antilles, Fort Amsterdam sits on the mouth of the harbor on the finish of the Sint Annabaai Channel on the purpose. The complicated has eating places, outlets in addition to the Governors Palace. Deal with: Punda Aspect, Willemstad.
– Fort Nassau, was constructed on the hill to defend each St. Anna Bay in addition to a part of town of Willemstad. The fort is open for excursions and there may be additionally a restaurant that overlooks the bay. Deal with: Willemstad
– The Floating Market, the “floating market” is definitely a mini boat fleet that is available in from Venezuela and sells extremely recent fish and fruit at the perfect costs. Deal with: Punda Aspect, Willemstad.
– Mikvé Israel-Emanuel Synagogue, the oldest synagogue within the western hemisphere, with a sand flooring and museum containing historical artifacts Deal with: Tel: 599-9-4611067,
– Museum Kura Hulanda, open Day by day from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. This anthropological museum chronicles the African slave commerce in addition to the cultures of Curacao. Entry: $9 Deal with: Willemstad. Telephone: +5999 434 7765
– Postal Museum, Willemstad.
– Maritime Museum, Willemstad.