The attractive island Bali is a incredible location for scuba diving. Coated in rice paddies, volcanic mountains, spectacular seashores and surrounded by superb coral reefs that is the preferred island in Indonesia for good reason.
The distinctive island nation, Indonesia, can positively stake a declare for the very best scuba diving on this planet being dwelling to many well-known dive spots like Raja Ampat, Komodo and Lembeh Strait. See our Information to all of the Greatest Diving in Indonesia and off the overwhelmed monitor little gems just like the Togian islands.
Wish to go snorkeling round Bali? This handy tour will choose you up and take you to a few of the finest spots across the island!
Bali – the Land of the Gods
Bali is the preferred vacation vacation spot in Indonesia. The volcanic island is wealthy in tradition and spirituality, blessed with spectacular pure magnificence together with rice paddies, seashores, volcanic mountains and superb coral reefs. Bali provides world class browsing, diving and mountaineering, it’s also an amazing island to benefit from the sandy seashores, go snorkeling, do a yoga class or go to the attractive temples.
Scuba Diving from Bali
The scuba diving round Bali is extremely various providing muc diving with distinctive critters, attention-grabbing wrecks, stunning coral reefs, massive pelagic creatures like manta rays and reef sharks, colleges of fish and attention-grabbing distinctive animals such because the mola mola (oceanic sunfish) that may be seen right here.
Bali Scuba Diving Highlights
- Mola Mola – This is among the finest locations on this planet to dive with the elusive mola mola (oceanic sunfish) round Nusa Penida.
- Manta Rays – Bali is an amazing place to dive or snorkel with manta rays at manta level, Nusa Penida.
- Muck Diving – The island provides nice muck diving with frogfish, ghostpipe fish, sea horses, attention-grabbing nudibranches and lots of extra unreal macro critters to be found on the coral reefs and black volcanic sand of round Amed and Tulamben within the east and round Gilimanuk within the north west nook of Bali.
- Wreck Diving – There are some good wrecks round Bali, the well-known USAT Liberty is unquestionably the spotlight. A shore dive with superior marine life dropping from 4m to about 30m this superb wreck is a dive to not miss!
- Fish Life – Reefs coated in stunning arduous and smooth coral draw reef fish and pelagic species. Reef sharks, barracudas, jacks, some massive bumphead parrot fish, Napoleon wrasse and lots of extra.
- Shore Dives – Diving throughout Indonesia, a lot of the dive websites are an extended drive from the island. Bali provides incredible shore diving, round Tulamben and Amed should be a few of the finest shore dives on this planet. Put in your gear and discover an incredible wreck or see some unreal macro critters diving from the seaside!
One of the best dive websites round Bali
In a nutshell, the dive websites to not miss round Bali
- Crystal Bay from Nusa Penida to see Mola Mola (in season).
- Manta Level from Nusa Penida to swim with the majestic Manta Rays.
- USAT Liberty Shipwreck unreal wreck and marine life, Tulamben on the East Coast.
- Secret Bay in Gilimanuk with black volcanic sand, nice muck diving, a nursery for quite a lot of strange underwater creatures.
Among the highlights that may be seen diving from Bali are; The Bobbit Worms at Secret Bay, Marble Rays at Blue Nook Nusa Penida, Bumphead Parrot Fish on the USAT Liberty wreck in Tulamben and spectacular muc diving together with Frog Fish, Ghost Pipe Fish, Mantis Shrimps, Pigmy Seahorses everywhere in the East Coast.
Dive Circumstances in Bali
Water temperature round Bali normally ranges between 27 and 29C, a 3mm wetsuit is advisable. Diving across the Nusa islands with thermocline temperature might be as little as 21C. The visibility usually varies between 10 and 20 meters. Most diving is completed at depths between 5 – 40m.
Bali Scuba Diving Areas
There are three primary areas to probe for diving round Bali; the South, the East and the North West Coast. Among the dive websites are positioned near the mainland whereas others are round small islands, however nonetheless inside reaching distance to dive from the mainland.
South Bali, diving across the Nusa Islands
A lot of the diving within the South of Bali is completed near the islands Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan, dive websites round these two little islands are world famend for diving with Mola Mola (the oceanic sunfish) and Manta Rays. Sanur on the mainland additionally has some good diving and is named a superb location for dive coaching. It’s potential to dive round Nusa Penida on day journeys from Padang Bai on Bali or to remain on Nusa Penida or Nusa Lembongan and dive with one of many dive facilities on the island. There’s a lot to see on the Nusa islands and diving from the island is cheaper than diving from Bali for the reason that drive is far shorter. Staying on Nusa Penida we went snorkeling with the manta rays a few instances.
Attending to Dive Spots within the South of Bali
You will get to Sanur or Padangbai by taxi or public bus from Denpasar, Nusa Penida might be reached from Padangbai by public ferry or from Sanur by pace boat.
Lodging in Nusa Penida
Ebook Diving Nusa Penida
- Dive 2 websites round Nusa Penida, greater than 100 bookings, Try Dive Nusa Penida Lodge choose up and drop off at Sanur, South of Denpasar, Seminyak, Kuta, North of Nusa Dua, and the North of Jimbaran. Embody lunch and kit.
- Nusa Penida, Manta Level full day snorkeling journey consists of shuttlebus pickup in South of Bali, lunch, boat journey, gear
Dive Websites within the South of Bali (Nusa Penida)
See our full information to the Greatest Dive Websites in Bali for particulars on the dive websites within the space. The preferred websites on this a part of the island are; Manta Level, Crystal Bay, Blue Nook, Toyapakeh and PED.
East Coast of Bali
The East Coast of Bali is exclusive in that it provides a few of the finest shore diving on this planet, unreal muck diving on the black volcanic sand, superior wall dives dropping from the floor to the deep and astray the attractive wreck of the USAT Liberty. There’s incredible scuba diving near the shores of the small fishermen’s villages of Amed and Tulamben, stroll in from the shore or take a brief trip to the dive web site in a jukung, a conventional picket sailboat. The four small Gili islands on the east coast of Bali; Gili Tepekong, Gili Biaha, Gili Mimpang and Gili Selang, is a brief boat drive from Candidas or Padangbai. The dive spots round these islands have stunning coral reefs and reef sharks, barracuda, stingrays, and Mola Mola (Sunfish) in season with some luck.
Transport to Dive Spots within the East of Bali
Tulamben might be reached by renting a automotive, public bus or by taking a personal shuttle from Kuta, Denpasar or many different areas in Bali.
- Renting a Automobile – Rental Automobile a platform evaluating finest automotive rental choices in Bali.
- Public Bus – Buses depart from Amlapura and Singaraja round each 30 minutes till 14:00
- Shuttle Bus – Perama shuttle bus drops off in central Tulamben, picks up at Candi Dasa, Kuta, Padang Bai, Sanur and Ubud. Ebook Shuttle Bus
Greatest rated and reviewed lodging.
Ebook Diving East of Bali
- Full Day Tulamben Dive Journey – Dive three of the very best dive web site within the east of Bali, the Liberty Wreck, Coral Gardens, and Tulamben Drop Off
- Full Day Snorkeling round Bali – Tulamben, Padang Bai, Amed or Nusa Penida Select snorkeling at considered one of Bali’s well-known websites, snorkel on the wreck of the Liberty or with the mantas of Nusa Penida! Contains Snorkel gear rental, Lodge choose up or drop off (Central Kuta, Seminyak, Legian and Sanur), Lunch, Drinks, Marine Park entry charges
Dive Websites on the East Coast of Bali
See the Greatest Dive Websites in Bali for a full description of websites. Our favourite websites on the East Coast of Bali are The Liberty wreck, Drop Off and Coral gardens in Tulamben, Amed wall, Japanese wreck and Pyramids in Amed.
Diving the North West Nook of Bali
The North West nook of Bali, protected by the West Bali Nationwide Park, hosts a few of the finest scuba diving and snorkeling across the island. This a part of Bali has spectacular wall dives on the sheer partitions coated with huge gorgonians and different sea followers round Menjangan island, anticipate superb visibility diving within the heat water right here. The extraordinary muck diving on the black volcanic sand of Gilimanuk Bay is world famend.
Menjangan island is a small island, also called deer island, due to a lot of wild deer dwelling right here, it is extremely near the primary island. Menjangan Island is a couple of 100km drive (three and a half hours) from Kuta. Diving right here, the closest cities are Permutaran or Lovina. Diving boats go away from the Labuan Lalang harbor 20 minutes by automotive from Permutaran. Gilimanuk is a big city, however doesn’t have any dive operators I do know of, so manage diving in a daytrip from Pemutaran or Kuta.
Ebook Diving Menjangan Island
Two tank dive on finest websites of Menjangan Island. Contains Lodge choose up and drop off at Sanur, South of Denpasar, Seminyak, Kuta, North of Nusa Dua, and the North of Jimbaran, Entrance ticket to the nationwide park. Lunch and drinks
Dive Websites North West Nook of Bali
See our article “the Greatest Dive Websites in Bali” for an outline of dive websites within the North West Coast of Bali. The preferred websites to dive listed here are; Eel Backyard (Pos1) and Anchor Wreck from Menjangan Island and Secret Bay positioned in Gilimanuk Bay, well-known for spectacular muck diving
Dive Insurance coverage
Scuba diving does have dangers, ensure that your well being and your gear is roofed, learn the small print. World Nomads Diving Insurance coverage
Things to Pack
My dive laptop, masks and digital camera are at all times the primary things I pack for a dive journey.
Loving my Mares Sensible laptop, good laptop for a superb value.
Mares Star liquid pores and skin masks, we’ve got each been diving with this snug, prime quality masks, scuba and freediving for a very long time.
Little things to have in your dive bag.
SMB+REEL | RASH VEST | BUFF | KEY CHAIN O-RING KIT | ANTI-FOG | SURF HAT | POLARIZED FISHING SUNGLASSES | WATERPROOF DIVE LOGBOOK
Happening a dive journey? – Dive Journey Packing Record+Suggestions
Dive Assets for South East Asia
Please observe and like us:
The sturdy half of Stingy Nomads, a nomadic aquaman that might be joyful to spend all his life within the water diving, browsing and spearfishing however typically has to compromise with Alya and go mountaineering as a substitute. Campbell is liable for all our marine adventures and following them with write-ups. He loves touring, braai (BBQ in South Africa), purple wine and spending the day in a wetsuit.