Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary varies significantly relying on the place you begin and end the route. It may possibly take something between 5 and 16 days. The instructed itinerary is for the whole circuit however you may reduce it shorter and regulate it to your wants.
For extra particulars about permits, transportation, price, lodging, learn our Full information to the Annapurna Circuit trek.
Annapurna circuit trek itinerary overview
- Distance – 260 km/161 mi (if strolling the whole route)
- Time – 15 days (for your entire route)
- Permits – TIMS card and Annapurna Sanctuary allow required
- Place to begin – Bhulbhule (7 km from Besi Sahar)
- Ending level – Nayapul
- Highest level – Thorong La move (5400 m)
- Whole ascent (in 15 days) – 11 685 m
- Whole descent loss (in 15 days) -11 358 m
- Strolling on the street – 69 km out of 260 km however most of it wasn’t on the primary busy street.
- Common price – NRP 2900/US$22 per individual per day
- Lodging – guesthouses
- Meals – Nepali, Indian, Western, and Chinese language meals
Insurance coverage for the circuit
Climbing like all out of doors exercise entails dangers of getting an damage, breaking or dropping your gear, delays or cancellation of the journey as a result of climate situations, and so forth. We confronted the delay downside as a result of unhealthy climate twice trekking in Nepal the primary time on the Everest Base Camp trek when our flight from Lukla was delayed for greater than Three days and the second on the circuit we couldn’t begin mountain climbing due to heavy snowfalls in March.
It’s vital to do not forget that the Annapurna Circuit shouldn’t be an strange hike, it’s a high-altitude trek by some distant and difficult-to-access areas of Nepal, journey insurance coverage is required for getting a mountain climbing allow. Whenever you fill out the shape you’re requested to supply the identify and the cellphone variety of your insurance coverage firm.
World Nomads journey insurance coverage has been designed by vacationers for vacationers, with protection for greater than 150 actions in addition to emergency medical, misplaced baggage, journey cancellation and extra.
Instructed Annapurna circuit excursions
For me personally planning the Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary was simpler than the Everest Base Camp trek itinerary primarily due to transportation; no must guide a flight and fear about potential cancellation as a result of unhealthy climate.
If you happen to’re not a really skilled hiker and don’t wish to do that difficult trek by yourself you may be a part of a guided tour.
Our detailed Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary
Day 1. Bhulbhule – Ghermu, 15 km/9 mi
Route: Besi Sahar (760 m) – Ngadi (840 m) – Lampata (1017 m) – Bahundanda (1223 m) – Ghermu (1108 m)
- Place to begin – Bhulbhule
- Ending level – Ghermu, guesthouse 10 min. earlier than Syange
- Distance – 15 km/9 mi
- Time – Four hours
- Whole ascent – 663 m
- Whole descent – 324 m
- Strolling on the street – 6 km out of 15 km initially from Bhulbhule to Lampata
Our Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary was initially beginning in Besi Sahar however after strolling a few kilometers we determined to catch a bus. The street was very dusty with many buses, jeeps, and building automobiles driving each methods. We took a bus to Bhulbhule, 7 km from Besi Sahar.
The street could be very unhealthy it took us about 30min. to drive 7 km.
We acquired off the bus at Bhulbhule and began strolling from there. Bhulbhule is a small place with a few guesthouses and eating places. About 2 km from Bhulbhule there’s one other small village that seemed very nice. In my view, it’s a significantly better possibility to remain than Besi Sahar.
The primary 6 km of strolling was on the street with buses and vehicles driving by. After 6 km there’s a break up; the route that goes proper is for hikers and the left one for transport. The surroundings on the best way was lovely; rice terraces, small villages, and a few waterfalls.
- Lovely surroundings; rice terraces, river, small waterfalls, forest, and so forth.
- Syange waterfall, an enormous and highly effective fall at Syange village, is value taking the time and getting nearer to.
- First 5 km strolling on a mud street
- The warmth made us fairly drained
Day 2. Ghermu – Tal, 18 km/11 mi
Route: Ghermu (1108 m) – Jagat (1250 m) – Chyamch (1367 m) – Tal (1633 m)
- Place to begin – Ghermu (Rainbow Lodge)
- Ending level – Tal
- Distance – 18 km/11 mi if strolling on the footpath. 15,Four km/9,5 mi if strolling on the street from Rainbow Lodge (Ghermu) to Jagat.
- Time – 5h30min. on the footpath or 4h30min. on the street (from Ghermu to Jagat).
- Whole ascent – 1291 m if strolling on the footpath and 892 m if strolling on the street from Ghermu to Jagat
- Whole descent – 807 m (on the footpath) or 354 m on the street
- Strolling on the street – 2,5 km out of 18 km if taking the footpath from Rainbow Lodge (Ghermu) to Jagat and 6,5 km out of 15,5 km if following the street from Syange.
We determined to take the footpath from Rainbow Lodge with the intention to skip the street. It’s longer with a number of steep ascents and descents. The entire distance of the footpath from Ghermu to Jagat is 7,6 km in comparison with Four km on the street. The entire ascent is 646 m vs 250 m on the street. And the full descent is 513 m vs 100 m on the street. It took us 2h30min. to get from Ghermu to Jagat. On the street, it could take us not more than 1h30min.
The surroundings on the footpath was very good, the route is distant, no different hikers, no automobiles however it makes your strolling day a lot tougher and when you’re terrified of heights it’s higher to not take the choice route as some components of it are actually slim and near the sting.
From Jagat we walked for about 2 km on the street until the break up; the trekking route goes uphill. You stroll on it for about 1,5 km until Chyamch the place it joins with the street once more however only for a short time, proper after the village, the trekking route continues on the opposite aspect of the river. Each routes meet once more simply earlier than Tal.
- Rice terraces and exquisite views over the river on the best way from Ghermu to Jagat (on the footpath)
- Many large waterfalls on the best way however it’s inconceivable to get nearer to any of them
- A number of breathtaking hanging bridges
- The gorgeous mountain surroundings on the best way from Chyamch to Tal; an enormous river on the backside, weird mountain formations, and waterfalls.
- If you happen to take the trekking route from Ghermu it’s fairly demanding with two lengthy ascends and descends all the best way again to the river
- Final half from Chyamch to Tal there was various strolling uphill
Day 3. Tal – Timang, 21 km/13 mi
Route: Tal (1633 m) – Karte (1781 m) – Dharapani (1844 m) – Odar (2131 m) – Bagarchhapad (2059 m) – Danque (2139 m) – Timang (2578 m)
- Place to begin – Tal
- Ending level – Timang
- Distance – 21 km /13 mi
- Time – 4h45min.
- Whole ascent – 1297 m
- Whole descent – 376 m
- Strolling on the street – 7 km out of 21 km, we once more took an non-obligatory route (marked with white and blue) and reduce off about 2 km of street strolling, from 14 km to Timang it was all the best way on the street.
The primary 11 km are on the mountain climbing path alongside the mountains, previous small waterfalls on the appropriate aspect and a few spectacular large waterfalls on the other aspect. There have been various ups and downs. When you attain Dharapani the path continues on the street. In Dharapani there’s a check-point the place they verify your Annapurna allow, about 100 m after that there’s an non-obligatory path that goes up by Odar village. It is going to take you away from the street which is sweet however it’s a really steep uphill stroll with a subsequent steep descent.
From Bagarchhap on there can be principally strolling on the street with one brief steep half the place you go upstairs.
- The primary 11 km from Tal to Dharapani was a phenomenal stroll on the path previous a number of small waterfalls
- Many large and small waterfalls all the best way
- Spectacular views from Timang, the village is surrounded by mountains with snow peaks
- Quite a lot of strolling uphill
- The final 7 km from Bagarchhap to Timang are on a muddy street with not a lot site visitors
The village is legendary for its spectacular views of the mountain vary.
Day 4. Timang – Higher Pisang, 27 km/16,7 mi
Route: Timang (2578 m) – Chhitepu (2636 m) – Koto (2656 m) – Chame (2726 m) – Talekhu (2830 m) – Bratan (2932 m) – Dhukurpakhari (3211 m) – Higher Pisang (3303 m)
- Place to begin – Timang
- Ending level – Higher Pisang
- Distance – 27 km/16,7 mi
- Time – 5h43min.
- Whole ascent – 1081 m
- Whole descent – 451 m
- Strolling on the street – 20 km out of 27 km, principally, all the best way from Timang to Dhukurpakhari you stroll on the street. Right here and there the trekking route goes away from the street. The final 7 km from Dhukurpakhari to Higher Pisang are on the footpath.
The day was simple however lengthy. It was one the longest days in our the Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary. The stroll to Bhratang was fairly flat with slight ups and downs. At Koto there’s a check-point the place they verify your allow and TIMS card.
From Chame, the route is quieter with fewer automobiles and folks. The surroundings was spectacular: snowy peaks, small glaciers, rivers, and pine forests. Bhratang is a phenomenal place, it’s not a village, it’s principally one fancy resort, a few native homes, and a ny farm.
From Bhratang you begin strolling up. The street goes between the mountains and the river. Dhikur Pokhari is kind of a pleasant village with many guesthouses, and eating places. If you happen to don’t really feel like strolling additional you may keep right here and proceed to Manang the following day. After Dhikur Pokhari the route splits; one continues on the street to Decrease Pisang, and one other one goes uphill to Higher Pisang.
- Mainly, the entire day was one lengthy spotlight the surroundings on the best way was breathtaking from the start to the top, it was getting increasingly lovely regardless of strolling on the street for many of the day.
- The view from Higher Pisang over the world was wonderful
- Uphill stroll from Bhratang to Higher Pisang, a 370 m ascent
- The street from Bhratang to Dhikur Pokhari was fairly muddy
We determined to stroll by Higher Pisang as a result of the route goes away from the street and it’s positioned greater than Decrease Pisang (which is clearly from the identify) and affords higher views. Although you stroll about 100 m up further.
Day 5. Higher Pisang – Manang, 22 km/13,6 mi
Route: Higher Pisang (3303 m) – Ghyaru (3695 m) – Ngawal (3669 m) – Munchi (3500 m) – Braga (3519 m) – Manang (3560 m)
- Place to begin – Higher Pisang
- Ending level – Manang
- Distance – 22 km/13,6 mi
- Time – 6h20min.
- Whole ascent – 888 m
- Whole descent – 629 m
- Strolling on the street – 7 km out of 22 km, the final 7 km to Manang are on the filth street however we didn’t see a single automotive.
From Higher Pisang there are two choices for strolling to Manang the quick and straightforward one – stroll all the way down to Decrease Pisang and from there proceed to Manang on the street. And the harder and longer one on the trekking route with nice views and a really steep uphill. We selected the robust one and had been rewarded with unimaginable views however by the point we arrived in Manang, we had been fairly drained.
My recommendation is when you don’t really feel very robust as a result of excessive altitude don’t punish your self and take the shorter route you don’t wish to get altitude illness earlier than going over the move. The trekking route by Ghyaru takes between 6 and seven hours, on the street you’ll get to Manang in 3-Four hours.
From Ngawal village there are once more two choices; one is to go down and proceed to Manang on the street, and one other one is to take a trekking route which is longer however has some good views. Each routes are marked because the official Annapurna circuit routes. Most individuals take the shorter possibility on the street. We took the scenic route and didn’t see anyone on it. As soon as all the way down to the river (an deserted village Julu), the route marking shouldn’t be nice and there are once more two choices one goes all the way down to the street and one other one continues on the trekking path until Braga. We comply with the primary route that goes left by the village because it had higher indications.
The final 6 km to Manang are on the street.
- Lovely surroundings on the best way from Higher Pisang to Ghyaru and from Ghyaru to Ngawal; snow peaks, pine forest, valley, and so forth.
- Lovely monastery complicated in Braga
- It was, generally, fairly a troublesome day as a result of excessive altitude, most a part of the day you stroll over 3500 m
- Very steep and lengthy ascend from Higher Pisang (2 km after) to Ghyaru, about 400 m
- The route was at some locations muddy and lined in snow
The final village is accessible by automotive earlier than the move. There are numerous motels and visitor homes, espresso outlets with actual espresso, eating places with all kinds of meals, a number of outlets, and so forth.
Day 6. Acclimatization day in Manang
We felt fairly good in Manang and didn’t have any signs of altitude illness however having earlier experience of not doing an acclimatization day and getting sick (after we did the Everest Base Camp trek) we determined to not danger and keep in Manang for 2 nights.
Our guesthouse was very good we had been fairly completely happy simply to relax right here, drink Lavazza espresso, relaxation, wash our garments, and so forth. You would possibly get no signs at 3500 m however when you don’t take time to acclimatize and the following day go over 4000 m it would hit you actually badly and it’s not one thing you wish to experience.
There are a number of aspect hikes that you are able to do from Manang like The Ice Lake or Tilicho lake. The primary one will be executed in at some point, it’s a return hike as much as the lake and again. It takes about 7 hours. To get to Tilicho Lake you’ll want 2 days. It’s a separate mountain climbing route that begins in Manang, goes previous the lake, and finishes in Jomson.
We determined to skip Snow Lake and slightly have a relaxation day. The lake is at 4200 m it’s fairly a climb up. I’m undecided how nicely it would go together with the acclimatization day earlier than you begin heading as much as the move. If in case you have extra time you may keep in Manang for longer and after a relaxation day go to the lake.
There’s a free each day discuss at Manang Help Put up. They let you know about altitude illness and the methods to stop it. They’ve oxygen in case you want it and another drugs. The service for vacationers shouldn’t be free however they provides you with a receipt so you may declare the cash again out of your insurance coverage. Due to the cash that vacationers pay for medical providers locals can get free remedy.
In Manang you should purchase some gear there are a number of outlets that promote jackets, sneakers, crampons, mountain climbing poles, gloves, and so forth. If you happen to understand you’re lacking some gear that you simply would possibly want for the move you should purchase it right here, costs are principally the identical as in Pokhara.
Day 7. Manang – Yak Kharka, 10 km/6,2 mi
Route: Manang (3560 m) – Tengi (3719 m) – Ghunsang (3947 m) – Yak Kharka (4050 m)
- Place to begin – Manang
- Ending level – Yak Kharka
- Distance – 10 km/6,2 mi
- Time – 3h20min.
- Whole ascent – 569 m
- Whole descent – 99 m
- Strolling on the street – zero km
We determined to cease at Yak Kharka slightly than going to Ledar, attempting to stay to really helpful not more than 500 m up per day if you go over 3500 m. We took it actually sluggish and walked about Three km per hour in comparison with our regular 4-5 km. The primary ascent for the day begins proper from Manang, in Four km you go about 400 m as much as Ghunsang. As soon as in Ghunsang, I’d counsel stopping there for 15-20 min. to drink tea and benefit from the view.
The second half of the stroll is less complicated with a number of very gradual ups and downs. Over the past 6 km you go solely 100 m up. It was a principally flat stroll with unimaginable surroundings, don’t overlook to look again typically.
From there many individuals proceed strolling to Ledar. It’s an possibility however provided that you are feeling nicely and don’t have any symptom of altitude illness. We had been completely superb however determined to not danger it and slightly keep decrease for the night time.
Some individuals did an acclimatization stroll to Ledar and again to Yak Kharka.
- Wonderful views on the best way to Jak Kharka
- Strolling 400 m up from Manang to Ghunsang
Day 8. Jak Kharka – Thorung Phedi, 8,Three km/5 mi
Route: Jak Kharka (4059 m) – Higher Yak Kharka (4142 m) – Ledar (4248 m) – Deurali tea home (4440 m) – Thorung Phedi (4548 m)
- Place to begin – Jak Kharka
- Ending level – Thorong Phedi
- Distance – 8,Three km/5 mi
- Time – 3h03min.
- Whole ascent – 565 m
- Whole descent – 92 m
- Strolling on the street – zero km
We began the day at about Eight am and tried to stroll as slowly as we may. We stopped twice for tea and relaxation at Ledar and Deurali tea homes. Our common pace for the day was 2,7 km even slower than the day earlier than. It’s higher to begin earlier because it’s normally sunny and heat until 12pm after which it will get cloudy and windy.
- The entire day was a spotlight, the surroundings is similar to the day before today; mountains, snow peaks, a river on the backside of the canyon
- The altitude makes you fairly drained
- We had quite a lot of snow so the path was principally buried below it in some components you needed to stroll very fastidiously to not slip down.
- The steep uphill at 5,5 km; first you go all the way down to the river, over the bridge, after which climb 150 m up
The upper up you go the extra fundamental all the things will get however to our shock at 4500 m we nonetheless may get wi-fi, freshly baked pastry, and natural espresso. Clearly, the meals costs right here and at Excessive Camp are the very best on the Annapurna Circuit trek.
As an possibility as an alternative of staying at Thorung Phedi you may go to Excessive Camp. Then your subsequent day’s stroll over the move can be shorter. I’d suggest doing so provided that you are feeling 100% superb and don’t have any signs of altitude illness.
Day 9. Thorong Phedi – Muktinath, 15,6 km/9,6 mi
Route: Thorong Phedi (4548 m) – Excessive Camp (4884 m) – Thorong La Cross (5400 m) – Chambar Bhir (4200 m) – Muktinath (3611 m)
- Place to begin – Thorong Phedi (Thorung Phedi)
- Ending level – Muktinath
- Distance – 15,6 km/9,6 mi
- Time – 6h10min.
- Whole ascent – 854 m
- Whole descent – 1680 m
- Strolling on the street – zero km
The day in our Annapurna Circuit itinerary that we had been trying ahead to quite a bit. Lastly going over Thorong La Cross. I have to say it was by far the hardest day in ur trek itinerary. As I discussed earlier than within the morning the climate is normally the most effective; sunny, with no wind, and no snow. Because of this, many individuals begin strolling at 4-5 am. We determined it wasn’t vital to begin that early and left Thorung Phedi at 6 am. We had been the one individuals left which was good as the primary half of the day we walked alone.
Strolling over Thorong La Cross
The primary a part of the stroll from Thorung Phedi to Excessive Camp was very steep. It took us about 1 hour to get there. There’s a dawn viewpoint at Excessive Camp. You can begin strolling at 4.00-4.30am with the intention to watch the dawn at Excessive Camp. We didn’t really feel like beginning strolling that early. At Excessive Camp, you may relaxation, drink tea, refill your water and proceed going up.
The second a part of the ascent was fairly lengthy and hard although it wasn’t as steep as the primary half. It took us about 2 hours to get from Excessive Camp to the highest of the move. We walked it fairly quick for most individuals, it takes 4-5 hours to get there.
There is just one place to cease after Excessive Camp earlier than the move. There you may drink tea, purchase chocolate and refill your water.
After the move, you begin taking place. The primary half of the descent was fairly good and straightforward. We may progress quick however then we acquired to the steep half. The path was lined in laborious snow which made it very slippery. Our crampons helped quite a bit there. It took us 2 hours to get down from the move and one other hour to get from there to Muktinath.
We walked the Annapurna Circuit trek finish of March however there have been uncommon snowfalls in February-March. Usually there’s not that a lot snow in March-April so that you won’t want crampons in any respect. The great factor is that you simply don’t have to hold all of them the best way, you should purchase them in Manang and even at Thorung Phedi when you get there to verify how a lot snow is round and determine when you’ll want crampons or not.
- Lovely dawn on the best way to Excessive Camp
- Beautiful surroundings all the best way over the move
- Weird panorama at Muktinath could be very totally different from what we’ve seen on the route earlier than.
- Muktinath monastery
- A Very steep ascent to Excessive Camp
- A lengthy and hard ascent to Thorong La move
- A lengthy and steep descent to Chambar Bhir
Day 10. Muktinath – Jomsom, 22 km/13,6 mi
Route: Muktinath (3611 m) – Lubra (2983 m) – Jomsom (2784 m)
- Place to begin – Muktinath
- Ending level – Jomsom
- Distance – 22 km/13,6 mi
- Time – 5h30min.
- Whole ascent – 536 m
- Whole descent – 1396 m
- Strolling on the street – 6,5 km out of 22 km the final half to Jomsom
Many individuals determine to take a bus or jeep from Muktinath and go to Jomsom, Tatopani, or again to Pokhara. The path is much less crowded many of the organized teams disappear from the trek.
We walked from Muktinath to Jomsom by Lubra. The surroundings was spectacular and really totally different from the remainder of the route. It was considered one of most lovely days in our Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary. Colourful rocky mountains with snowy peaks within the background. The most effective views we acquired from the highest of Lubra Cross.
The stroll begins on the previous filth street (previous the bus terminal) with no transport. After about 15min. of strolling, we acquired to the mountain climbing path that took us to Lubra. This route is the best choice for hikers. The second possibility is to undergo Chongar however the path goes on the filth street.
From Lubra there are two methods of constant the stroll; taking the higher route that goes alongside the mountains or taking place to the river and strolling on the rocks alongside the river mattress. Each routes merge after about 5 km. From there you stroll on the street until Jomsom.
The higher route shouldn’t be the best choice it’s very slim with steep ups and downs. The worst is the top of it, it ends with a dead-end from there you’ll should climb down about 10 m to the street. I needed to take my backpack off and climb-slide down. The river route is far simpler and faster (about 15 min. quicker) but when it rains quite a bit for a very long time the river could be too excessive to cross it (you cross it twice).
The final half to Jomsom is on the dusty street with various site visitors.
- Beautiful surroundings on the primary half of the stroll until Lubra; colourful mountains, snow peaks, dried river mattress. This half was considered one of my favorites on the Annapurna Circuit trek.
- Lubra – a fairly native village surrounded by almond timber
- An extended ascent initially o the highest of Lubra move
- Very lengthy and typically fairly steep descent to Lubra
- Strolling on the dusty street for the final 6 km to Jomsom
There are two villages Outdated Jomsom and New Jomsom (the one with the airport). Most guesthouses and eating places are positioned in New Jomsom which is nearly 10 min. stroll from the previous one. There’s a checkpoint on the vacationer info workplace the place they once more verify your permits.
Day 11. Jomsom – Tukuche, 15,5 km/9,5 mi
Route: Jomsom (2784 m) – Thini (2836 m) – Chhairo (2704 m) – Tukuche (2615 m)
- Place to begin – Jomsom
- Ending level – Tukuche
- Distance – 15,5 km/9,5 mi
- Time – 4h10min.
- Whole ascent – 440 m
- Whole descent – 582 m
- Strolling on the street – 500 m out of New Jomsom then the route turns left previous the runaway. The route was a mixture of strolling on the path and on the previous filth street however the street shouldn’t be used a lot. If you happen to cross to Tukuche over the hanging bridge you’ll should stroll for about Three km on the street.
We began the day fairly late. We stopped at Dhumbra lake for about 20 min. We may see the street many of the day however by no means walked on it until we crossed the river at Tukuche. The path was marked with crimson and white markers on the timber and rocks. We used navigation a few occasions however generally, didn’t have any downside discovering the best way.
Many hikers end their Annapurna Base Camp trek in Jomsom. The path acquired principally empty, in the entire day we noticed a biking couple, and on the finish of the day in Tukuche three different hikers. The trekking route is longer than the street and it has many ups and downs however it’s nonetheless significantly better than strolling on the dusty street with many buses and jeeps.
- Turquoise shade Dhumbra lake, about Three km from Jomsom.
- Chhairo – a small village with a temple on the entrance. It’s a Tibetan settlement. We stopped right here for tea and I attempted Tibetan Salt tea for the primary time, it was good.
- Good stroll by the forest and alongside the river from Chhairo to Tukuche.
- The trail at about 5 km will get very slim and goes alongside the sting of the mountains.
A typical small village with a number of guesthouses and eating places and a really busy street.
Day 12. Tukuche – Ghasa, 30 km/18,6 mi
Route: Tukuche (2615 m) – Sauru (2570 m) – Kokhethanti (2533 m) – Konjo (2700 m) – Titi Lake (2700 m) – Chhoya Deurali (2505 m) – Ghasa (2072 m)
- Place to begin – Tukuche
- Ending level – Ghasa
- Distance – 30 km/18,6 mi when you take the longer route and go to Titi Lake. If you happen to comply with the river from Kokhethanti to Chhoya it’ll be 4-5 km shorter.
- Time – 7h45min.
- Whole ascent – 800 m
- Whole descent – 1383 m
- Strolling on the street – zero km when you take the longer route by Titi Lake. when you take the shorter route on the left aspect of the river you’ll stroll on a jeep trek for a bit.
After we began the day we didn’t plan to stroll 30 km and by the top of it had been fairly drained. It was by far the longest day in our Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary. On the brilliant aspect we didn’t stroll on the street in any respect. We crossed to the opposite aspect from Tukuche after the distillery plant. There’s a small wood bridge however I’m undecided when you can cross it after the wet season.
The primary a part of the stroll was simple and flat by the pine forest and previous a few small villages. From Kokhethanti we took the higher path and went to Titi Lake. The route was very good and quiet with a steep 170 m ascent. From the lake the route goes all the way down to Chhoya, an area village with no guesthouses or eating places, locals could make you a fundamental meal.
The final a part of the day was fairly demanding. The one place we acquired on the best way was Chhoya Deural. We didn’t prefer it and determined to stroll to Ghasa. That half took about Three hours with many ups and downs. Be sure to refill your water earlier than the final half.
To get to the other isde of the river you should use one of many two bridges after Ghasa.
- Titi Lake – a phenomenal lake well-known as an ideal place for fowl watching
- Beautiful surroundings on the best way from Chhoya Deurali to Ghasa; forest, canyon, river, weird rock formations and so forth.
- The gap was the primary problem. We didn’t plan to stroll 30 km, our calculation was round 24 km however as a result of we took the longer route and went to Titi Lake the gap elevated rather a lot.
- If you happen to’re afraid of heights the trekking path from Ghhoya could be problem particularly the hanging bridge, about 5 km earlier than Ghasa.
- The final a part of the stroll, about 5 km to Ghasa on the path was fixed ups and downs.
For us coming from the opposite aspect of the move the place you could find many guesthouses with good amenities, Ghasa was a shock. I imagine it was a preferred cease on the route earlier than the street was constructed. These days there are solely occasional trekkers who come right here.
Day 13. Ghasa – Tatopani, 17 km/10,5 mi
Route: Ghasa (2072 m) – Pairothapla (1937 m) – Kopchepani (1765 m) – Narchyang (1448 m) – Tatopani (1362 m)
- Place to begin – Ghasa
- Ending level – Tatopani
- Distance – 17 km/10,5 mi
- Time – 4h20min.
- Whole ascent – 335 m
- Whole descent – 1057 m
- Strolling on the street – Three km out of 17 km; 1 km on the primary street to Tatopani and a pair of km on the other aspect of the street earlier than Tatopani
The primary a part of the day was a pleasant and straightforward stroll with a number of ups and downs, previous small native villages with a number of waterfalls on either side of the river.
The second half from Narchyang to Tatopani was on a mud street on the left aspect of the river. The final 1 km to Tatopani you stroll on the primary street with many automobiles and buses.
- A number of large and small waterfalls alongside the best way
- A quiet path by small native villages from Ghasa to Narchyang
The primary challenges for the day had been the final Three km of strolling on the street.
There are numerous motels and eating places in Tatopani. Lodging right here is dearer, many of the locations have rooms with connected bathrooms and scorching showers.
Day 14. Tatopani – Ghorepani, 17,6 km/11 mi
Route: Tatopani (1362 m) – Ghara (1745 m) – Shikha (1934 m) – Phalate (2272 m) – Chitre (2370 m) – Ghorepani (2800 m)
- Place to begin – Tatopani
- Ending level – Ghorepani
- Distance – 17,6 km/11 mi
- Time – 5h40min.
- Whole ascent – 1744 m
- Whole descent – 200 m
- Strolling on the street – Eight km out of 17,6 km; 1 km on the busy street from Tatopani and seven km after the bridge on the filth street in progress with not many automobiles principally building vehicles. After that, we crossed the filth street a few occasions however we didn’t see a single automobile on the street.
On the exit from Tatopani, there’s a check-point. Then it’s about 1 km of strolling on the street with various site visitors until you attain a dangling bridge. From there you stroll on a quieter street for the following 7 km.
After Ghara the street and the path break up. For the remainder of the day you stroll on a footpath every now and then crossing the street.
- The second half of the stroll from on was good with lovely views over the world and lots of timber in blossom.
- The day was one lengthy problem from the start (after the bridge) until the top it was a continuous steep ascend, 1744 m in whole. We had been very drained after we arrived in Ghorepani.
It’s a pleasant village with many guesthouses. Ghorepani Poon Hill is a very talked-about trek there can be many hikers round you’ll discover it if you go to Poon Hill for the dawn.
Day 15. Ghorepani – Poon Hill – Ghorepani – Nayapul, 22 km/13 mi
Route: Ghorepani (2780 m) – Poon Hill (3200 m) – Ghorepani (2780 m) – Nangethanti (2524 m) – Banthanti (2306 m) – Ulleri (2110 m) – Tikhedhungga (1536 m) – Hile (1554 m) – Birethanti (1120 m) – Nayapul (1117 m)
Morning. Dawn on the highest of Poon Hill
- Place to begin – Ghorepani
- Ending level – Ghorepani
- Whole distance – Three km/1,Eight mi up and down
- Time – 1h30min.; 40 min. up, 30 min. down, 30 min. on the highest
- Whole ascent – 387 m
- Whole descent – 387 m
It takes about 45 min. to get to the highest of Poon Hill from Ghorepani. The ascent could be very steep. The path is simple to comply with there are normally many individuals strolling up. We took solely water, headlamps, and cameras with us, the remainder of the stuff we left locked within the room. Take cash with you to pay the doorway charge to Poon Hill (round NRP 200 pp.). The dawn from Poon Hill is an ideal finish of this Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary.
You’re not allowed to deliver a thermos with scorching water/tea/espresso to the highest. The superb for that’s NRP 2000/US$15. They promote scorching drinks on the highest for 2-Three occasions dearer than down within the village.
Afternoon. Hike from Ghorepani to Nayapul
- Place to begin – Ghorepani
- Ending level – Nayapul
- Distance – 19 km/11,Eight mi
- Time – 4h50min.
- Whole ascent – 235 m
- Whole descent – 1895 m
- Strolling on the street – Eight km out of 19 km; the final half from Hile to Nayapul is on the filth street with occasional vacationer jeeps driving previous.
Most individuals stroll to the highest of Poon Hill and are available again to their guesthouse for breakfast after which begin strolling.
The entire day you descent typically it’s fairly steep typically very gradual. We didn’t cease a lot on the best way down as we had already walked it as part of the Poon Hill trek.
At Birethanti you get two final checkpoints the place you need to take a look at earlier than you allow the conservation space. It’s about twenty extra minutes from Birethanti to Nayapul the place you may catch a bus or a jeep again to Pokhara.
It’s potential to increase the Annapurna Circuit trek itinerary. From Ghorepani you stroll to Chhomrong and from there proceed on the Annapurna Base Camp trek. If you need to do the final word circuit within the Annapurna Sanctuary on the best way again from ABC you are able to do the Mardi Himal trek. It’ll add Three extra days to your itinerary.
- Good view over the world from Ulleri
- Lengthy ascend from Ghorepani to Ulleri
- Lengthy and steep ascend from Ulleri to Hile
- Strolling on the street for the final Eight km although not very busy
Getting again to Pokhara from the Annapurna Circuit
From Nayapul you may take a bus or a jeep to Pokhara. Pokhara is 40 km from Nayapul. The journey normally takes 2 hours however it would possibly take longer relying on the site visitors and street situations. Buses and jeeps take your to the bus terminal in Pokhara. From there you may take a taxi to your resort in Lake Aspect.
Locations to remain in Pokhara
Locations to remain in Kathmandu
We stayed at Aryatara Kathmandu Lodge for fairly some time. It’s a really good place, with large rooms, comfy beds, a great breakfast (included), an ideal scorching bathe, AC, wi-fi, TV, and so forth. The workers could be very useful and pleasant. We saved our further baggage right here each time we went mountain climbing with none downside.
Please comply with and like us:
The gorgeous half of Stingy Nomads, answerable for all our land adventures (mountain climbing, climbing, strolling the Camino) and following them write-ups. Alya loves strolling since she was a toddler, she prefers to stroll 1000 km with a backpack slightly than to do a 10 000 km street journey (truly any street journey). Alya is an enormous fan of Latin America, the Spanish language, and dancing. Each time we go away she desperately misses our canine Chile.